Appeal  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 5th, 2018 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
nice to hear a good result,make the most of it while your still allowed to advise,its starting to look like that particular safety net is about to get pulled out from under us:shock:surely to Christ the other garage must have realised that voided bushes are supposed to move tho:Xvws put more solid ones in the later motors but they aint a rqmnt to pass a test last I heard:Dthank them for all their help:shock:and move on while of course keeping them in mind if they ever need YOUR help.....

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Feb 4th, 2018 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
smithys

Mana: 
Hi, end result no further action, the dvsa inspector was more than fair in trial, if any thing said my advisories were more than good measure and good to be cautious. Car in question was a Seat with the usual VAG bottom arms which I’m sure are buggered out when new.

However the garage it was held at was in fact the one who pushed the owner to persue a appeal and didn’t hold back in telling me so! Talk about helping your own kind!

Posted: Tue Dec 26th, 2017 07:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bimmer

Mana: 
Here is another link regarding appeals.

http://www.motester.co.uk/mot-workshop-magazine-online/mot-workshop-magazine/mot-workshop-44-appeal-tests

Posted: Fri Dec 22nd, 2017 12:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
Hi there.

If you have not already seen this then have a read of the link below. Let us know how you got on and good luck.

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/how-the-mot-disciplinary-process-works/

Posted: Fri Dec 22nd, 2017 06:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
Advice I've seen given in the past, take your inspection notes with you for the month of the test in question since they won't tell you which vehicle the appeal is about. Watch the appeal. If you are a member of any trade bodies or subscribe to CVTS or similar who will send a rep to help, then contact them so you're not dealing with it on your own, as you are going to be feeling out of your depth. Most important of all - don't worry about it. Especially since you have been told it's a minor fault. Chances are it's a judgement call on the extent of wear in a component, your opinion versus somebody else's. The punter has spoken to his uncle Fred who is an expert because he saw a car on TV once and he said your just out to fleece him.

Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
smithys

Mana: 
Thanks for the reply, it's my 1st appeal tbh Iv only been testing for 9 months, I really did sh£t my self when the Dvsa chap called :/ all he gave away it is a minor mechanical fault in question?

Posted: Tue Dec 19th, 2017 11:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
you(or a rep of some sort)shud always attend even if you got nowt to worry about.the appeal will generally be held at in an independent garage midway between you and the punter so local garage=local punter.said punter will probably be disgruntled with you and this is your chance to put your side.

Posted: Mon Dec 18th, 2017 07:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
smithys

Mana: 
Got a call from a Dvsa man saying Iv had a appeal (failed when it suspected shouldn't have in the last 15 days) I have to go to another local garage if I wish to pursue/deal with the matter on Wednesday!

Iv had no letter ect so it came as bit of a shock at 9.00 this morning!
Does any of the above suggest the seriousness of it?
All I got was it's a minor mechanical part and nothing serious
Seems abit quick

Current time is 06:47 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance – Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Appeal Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems