Vauxhall Combo Van  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 28th, 2019 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
add that to the fact that 3 door cars exist and they sure as hell don't have rear doors handles or otherwise.i would ask your insurance about it tho,as far as they are concerned it only carries 1 passenger......

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Jan 24th, 2019 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
I would echo Kev's comments. As far as the MOT is concerned its still a van. The rear seat arrangement is no different to a 3 door car. For MOT purposes, as long as the rear load door(s) can be opened from the outside to allow a full inspection of the vehicle structure, and remain securely closed, there are no requirements for internal handles.

Posted: Thu Jan 24th, 2019 04:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Hi NWR. Welcome to the Forum.
I believe this is more of a construction and use question than an MOT one.
When we test a passenger car the rear passenger doors only need to operate from the outside. This is because of child safety locks which can disable the interior handle.
I’d say if presented for MOT the van would probably pass. I’ll be interested to see what other testers think.

Kev

Posted: Thu Jan 24th, 2019 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
NWR

Mana: 
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a question in terms of the legal requirements when adding additional seats to a Vauxhall Combo van.

The question I have is if a combo is retro fitted with additional passenger seats in the rear of the vehicle to allow for additional passengers does the rear doors have to have door handles on the inside to allow the passengers to escape in an emergency?

I think that surely they must be required by law?

Can you please assist me with this as I cannot find any legal text to state this.

Thanks

NWR

Current time is 01:51 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Vauxhall Combo Van Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems