Any tips for a new tester  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Apr 25th, 2019 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
grogy77

Mana: 
Never ever trust a trader no matter what
Even if you know them well . They will drop u in the poo and wont be around to pay your mortgage when u lose ur job . Also always trust your own judgement and beware of your ae or boss making you fail things that shouldnt fail .. ps good luck

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 4th, 2019 08:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Milligan23

Mana: 
Brilliant advice castrolrob, really appreciate you taking the time to help me out, i will certainly keep those in mind!i will be constantly learning!

Posted: Fri Mar 1st, 2019 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
firstly youre gonna make mistakes,we all do,dont beat yourself up about it cos the more you learn the fewer youll make,we ALL started where you are now and theres no shame in that.second try and mix workshop and mot time,theres a tendency when doing nothing but tests for your assessments to drift to the extent that you pass fails and vice versa.third bothering your a**e to go on sites like this generally means youre on the right lines and probably will get you into the top 20% or so of testers on its own.fourth,treat all traders motors with deep suspicion-it ALWAYS pays long term.fifth,read the mot blogs,the manual,the guide and sign up for the ministry emails/updates.the system and the ministry have hit the stage where theyre unfit for purpose and unless you take the trouble to find out for yourself what their current craziness consists of you will likely never find out about changes to pass/fail/advise criteria until its too late and it will still be YOUR fault.lastly enjoy the job and trust yourself,your conscience and your instincts and if in doubt ALWAYS write it down somewhere.

Posted: Fri Mar 1st, 2019 08:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Milligan23

Mana: 
Hello Paul S thanks for your reply, i look forward to reading through the forums and gaining valuable knowledge with the help of my fellow testers, i will take a note of your comments, sounds like they have just come from the course! haha. I have been shadowing our own MOT testers on site for years now so i have already built up knowledge from them and revising the inspection manual my self, i know they say to find your own routine but i at least find that by doing that i am already competent enough with the rules and following minimum standards to apply the effectively and affirmatively!

Posted: Thu Feb 28th, 2019 07:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
hello Milligan23 and welcome to the forum,
keepin to inspection routine helps, should you forget anything got a better chance of remembering. minimum standard so get your head round all the ball joint dust covers etc & note down anything & everything that catches your eye that aint failing.. put it as formal advice if constructive CYA

Posted: Thu Feb 28th, 2019 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Milligan23

Mana: 
I have just become a MOT tester and wondering on any tips from some of you old boys that have been in the game a while? anything to look out for? just generally any information that you have gathered over the years?

Current time is 10:51 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Any tips for a new tester Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems