New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Vehicle for auction. Need Help!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue May 21st, 2019 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Paul S

Mana: 
right and were's the official guidance on having a quick look at mot history of vehicle prior to testing as presented, my excuse would be Outstanding vehicle recalls

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 21st, 2019 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
and if it all goes pete tong but nuffin you've retested is involved while you might be ok your boss is in the frame along with the initial tester,mmmm,lovely prospect innit...

Posted: Sat May 18th, 2019 10:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Section B5, Testing Responsibilities, paragraph 16

Posted: Sat May 18th, 2019 10:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Hi welcome to the forum,

Stand to be corrected but would think in the event an appeal further down the line that the retest part of the test is your only involvement.

If your saying the motor failed earlier this month prior to the floating testers test? & the boss informing that vehicle had been purchased from the auction not long ago personally would want to keep an eye out for those previous fail items as well.

In the testers guide B 16.. If, during the re-examination of a vehicle in any circumstances, it becomes clear that the
vehicle does not meet the necessary standard, whether because the original defect has been inadequately repaired or because another defect is present, the vehicle must be failed and a further VT30 issued.

Posted: Fri May 17th, 2019 08:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
agnesjacob180

Mana: 
Hi guys,

I'm new here, this forum was recommended to me by another user I speak to on another forum.

Just noticed a retest booked in for Monday and the initial tester was a floating/temporary tester. I had a quick look on mot history of the vehicle and he has failed it a week ago on a few bits and he has issued quite a few advisories. Looking at the test history it failed on a good bit more in May and after having a chat with my boss he told me the vehicle had been purchased from the auction not long ago.

So if I retest and the repairs I check are ok and I also check the advisories are still pass worthy, in the event of any sort of appeal further down the line is that the end of my involvement? On the off chance the floating tester has missed anything, eg some of the items that the test in May brought to light?

Thanks

Reference:
http://forum.aunbox.com/showthread.php

how to create amazing animated videos

Current time is 07:33 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Vehicle for auction. Need Help! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems