New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Solicitors letter for VT01 completion  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Aug 12th, 2019 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mattmatt

Mana: 
Thank you both for your reply. I feel like I have some direction now. I may take you up on that offer Ashley.

Cheers
Matt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Aug 12th, 2019 09:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
getech.org.uk

Mana: 
The lease must be in the AE name (in this case the limited company)

If the lease is not yet generated then the only way to get an initial approval in principle then would be to get a solicitor to write a letter to state that "on completion of the handover xyz Ltd will have exclusive use of the premises necessary for MOT testing including the MOT bay, MOT parking, Waiting, Reception, Viewing and other associated MOT offices under a legally enforceable lease"

This should then enable you to get the change "pre-approved" - another letter from the solicitor will need to confimr that XYZ now have a legally enforceable lease giving exclusive use of the premises..... (etc)"

However this is a running change to an existing VTS so should be pretty easy to do in "steps"

You could change yourself to the AEDM (which is what you meant by AE) now on the existing authorisation - this will at least start the ball rolling and will minimise the hoops you have to jump through at a later stage.

You can see my user handle. So if you need to contact us/me you can do so via DM or the 'phone.

All the best,

Ashley

PS in this instance the AE is XYZ Ltd. You will be the AEDM (manager) this is a different role.

Posted: Mon Aug 12th, 2019 07:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Hi Matt

If you are changing the entity of the business to a Ltd company then the details on the VT01 and your solictors letter and lease will need to match.

You can stipulate a date on the VT01 when the proposed changes will take place, but all would need to be in the name of the new business ie the Ltd company.

The AE is the business entity itself. (AEP). As the trained person (MOT Manager) you would become the AEDM.

Each director needs to comlete part B1 & B2 individually. As the trained MOT Manager you will need to complete A5 (AEDM)

Each director will also need to submit a passport sized photo, signed by solicitor or accountant, confirming your identity.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Sun Aug 11th, 2019 08:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
mattmatt

Mana: 
We're finally changing to a limited company at the beginning of October - the company name is registered but not active at the moment. The lease for our premises is due to be renewed in September and is under the name of the partnership. For the supporting documents on the VT01 we need a solicitors letter stating that we have exclusive use of the premises etc etc.

Please could someone offer guidance on how we best approach this.

I am currently employed here (family business) but will be taking on the business as majority share holder when it changes from the partnership to a ltd company. The new lease can either be in my name or the limited company name - which would be easier for the VT01 process?

The solicitor can't issue a letter stating either the limited company or myself have exclusive use of the premises until the limited company is active so how do I go about this? I will also be changing to the AE (I've completed the relevant course) just to add to the mix.

Thanks
Matt

Current time is 08:09 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Solicitors letter for VT01 completion Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems