New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Help with workshop mot station I want to lease  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Aug 19th, 2020 02:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Paul S

Mana: 
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/862950/apply-open-run-change-mot-testing-station-v01.pdf

get a quote for rollers and decelerometer..fill out C2. MOT connected equipment
& Part C
C3. Changes to premises or equipment

good luck

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Aug 19th, 2020 06:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
the short answer is ring the ministry(good luck with that!)cos the rollers and decelerometer are now supposed to be replaced with whats called connected equipment as of feb this year,due to covid that was suspended but with no info on whether that suspension was temp/permanent whatever or if you could carry on regardless and i doubt the ministry will know either to be honest.test bay areas/dimensions etc were also changed so you have to check with em if you can even reopen it as a test station at all as it may have been running on grandfather rights or similar,good luck anyway

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2020 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bigben2k

Mana: 
Hi new to the forum

Looking at a renting a workshop that was used for the last 20 so years as a mot station and repairs still has mot bay there 4 post ramp rollers headlight aim unit the guy only retired due to Covid need some advice on mot equipment can I use what’s there ramp brake test and headlight aim tester and buy the other stuff new emissions tester ect or do I need to buy everything new and the stuff in there is pointless got a Mot tester already but I’m not sure about the equipment in there as I’ll be the new person in there on the lease he was trading for well over 30 years there would love any advice on what I can do

Thanks ben

Current time is 05:41 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Help with workshop mot station I want to lease Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems