Brake pipe corroded and Front Suspension arm brush worn  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 9th, 2020 03:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
as a for instance a gm arm would probably cost more than hes quoted you total,parts off e bay could come from anywhere or be counterfeit,real easy to supply parts cheap when theyre substandard!i wouldnt slate him for buying one from a local supplier but that would obviously be dearer than the cheapest firm on the internet,if theres any problems with it he has a physical entity to take it up with and/or replace it.not the case with some mythical company from taiwan or similar.i still reckon his quote is in the ballpark.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 02:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
vikashkumar23

Mana: 
"is he changing the complete brake pipes or repairing them?is he using gm parts or pattern for the suspension arm?if pattern e bay?local wholesaler?2nd hand?are you in the north where labour/parts tend generally to be cheaper or south where its dearer?how long is a piece of string?"

NO idea of any of those. I gave my car to a local garage. When I search for Front Suspension arm in google I see the maximum price is £35 including labour it can be £55. But he said £80 just the part alone.

I was bit suspicious.

May be I ask him to show the parts once he fit all. I can have an idea if it is new or used.

Posted: Tue Sep 8th, 2020 11:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
is he changing the complete brake pipes or repairing them?is he using gm parts or pattern for the suspension arm?if pattern e bay?local wholesaler?2nd hand?are you in the north where labour/parts tend generally to be cheaper or south where its dearer?how long is a piece of string?all i can say is that the prices you post sound normal.

Posted: Mon Sep 7th, 2020 12:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
vikashkumar23

Mana: 
Hi,

I gave my chevrolet spark 2012, 33k run for MOT,

I got below advisories

Nearside Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear (1.1.11 (c))
Offside Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear (1.1.11 (c))
Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Our mechanic gave a quote of £80 (labour + parts) for the brake pipe corrosion and £80 (parts alone) for the front suspension.

Are these prices true ? Will it cost so much ?

Current time is 12:31 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Brake pipe corroded and Front Suspension arm brush worn Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems