New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
MOT Failure Daytime Running Lights  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 24th, 2020 09:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
masterruckus

Mana: 
Sorry i didnt reply sooner. I checked and the bulb is the same as the sidelights so it definately needs replacing which is a shame as its a non replaceable bulb and about 300 for the headlight :( Thanks for your help

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Sep 23rd, 2020 02:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
drls aint part of the test at that age,having said that sidelights(position lamps)are and often theyre the same bulb so it could fail on sidelight but the actual fault is the drl-not switching/interacting/adversely affecting its operation,stuff like that.what does the failure actually say?

Posted: Tue Sep 22nd, 2020 11:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
masterruckus

Mana: 
Hi, My 2015 Citroen C4 has just failed on the Nearside daytime running light. When the igntion comes on it flashes 3 times then it goes off. Looking at the MOT guidance, im under the impression that DRL are not meant to be inspected on cars  older than 1 march 2018. There is also some guidance regarding position lamps. But if anyone can shed some light :D on this issue that would be great!
EDIT: It failed on 4.2.1 (a) (ii)

Last edited on Tue Sep 22nd, 2020 12:04 pm by masterruckus

Current time is 12:29 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Failure Daytime Running Lights Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems