MOT Failure: Emissions not tested  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 2nd, 2020 02:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
given that its been nearly 2 weeks now with no reply my guess is that for better or worse its now been sorted:D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Nov 1st, 2020 03:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Late reply perhaps, and apologies but I've been away for a break.

If the VTS had done the job in the correct manner they should have aborted the test due to the equipment fault.

Aborting the test would result in no failure being recorded against the vehicle, and no test fee could be charged.

Posted: Wed Oct 21st, 2020 05:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
the correct procedure is to abandon the test if its a fault with the vehicle or abort it if its a fault with the tester or eqpmnt.i have never looked to see if it appears on the history although i do know that it appears on the relevant stations history if we look it up.having said all that what you show is a fail and the only people that can remove it are dvsa,the station concerned wont be able to.my guess is their equipment snuffed it during said test and theyve entered emissions not tested in order that they can simply retest it when the eqpmnts fixed.when you abandon/abort a complete full test must be conducted when it returns as the original test doesnt count as having been completed so they probably did it to make their life easier on retest.go back and ask em would be the first port of call.

Posted: Wed Oct 21st, 2020 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mad Professor

Mana: 
Good day all.

I'm new here so if this is not the correct place to post this question please feel free to move it to where would be best suited.

My car has just gone in for an MOT, and got a phone call saying that it has failed because the VTS Emissions tester is not working.

Was told to come and collect the car and they would rebook the car for retest once the equipment has been repaired.

On collection of the car I did not have to pay for the test, I was handed the keys, but no paperwork.

Now checking the MOT via the gov.uk website it lists the following:

Repair immediately (major defects):
Emissions not tested (8.2.1.2 (d))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
Windscreen excessively tinted but not adversely affecting driver's view sun strip (3.2 (b) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Nearside Play in steering rack inner joint(s) ()
Exhaust noisy (8.1.1 (a))

I must admit I am somewhat confused that they have failed the mot due to a fault with there own equipment.

I did try to contact VOSA (DVSA) on 0300 123 9000, but due to covid they are not taking calls.

This is now a permanent failure mark on the cars MOT history, and has voided the current MOT until such time of being able to get it retested.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

Attachment: mot failure.jpg (Downloaded 37 times)

Current time is 12:19 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Failure: Emissions not tested Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems