American Imported Car MOT Requirements  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 10th, 2020 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
indicators front and back need to be orange,that age dont need fogs or reverse,hazards are only tested if present.your main prob will be getting the headlights to right hand drive spec in all probability.original equipment is u.s. spec,driving on english roads = meeting english specs.pre 1965 different specs apply for the above,thats why pre 65 yanks cost more.....the test manual is an online resource,read through the lighting specs for your own vehicles needs,some brake and seatbelt requirements may struggle as well depending on fitment.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Nov 9th, 2020 12:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
montydick

Mana: 
I recently imported a 1968 Mercury Cougar and the DVLA needs an MOT for a fresh import.

My mechanic has enquired with a couple of MOT stations he uses and they both say the indicators at the back need to be orange, the car needs to have fog lights ect.

I don’t believe that is correct, I thought any pre 1974 car didn’t need those kinds of modification if the original equipment was working properly.

Anyone know or have any experience?

As you can see from the picture, the whole of the back of this car is indicators, the glass is red. They don't make clear or white.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Attachment: 5cc8069d-0b42-4a37-bbb8-888cb1c5fb9a.JPG (Downloaded 18 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 12:30 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > American Imported Car MOT Requirements Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems