HELP Please  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jun 2nd, 2021 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
your best course for this would be an independant examination if you are concerned with the test standards being applied or indeed simply ask the garage concerned,the fact that theyve quoted to repair it suggests they know whats leaking,we dont.oil leaks can be steering/transmission/engine/suspension/brakes or indeed others some of which will only leak with the engine running or the steering operated for instance.the information provided is inadaquate for anyone on this site to do any more than guess and to be fair this site is aimed more towards test criteria/standards.guessing a possible repair,its cost or cause without even knowing what it is to begin with isnt possible unfortunately.from memory the test criteria for a leak is greater than approx 70mm or thereabouts puddle within 5 mins or multiple leaks that equate to that so there should be something visible somewhere

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jun 1st, 2021 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MokkaA

Mana: 
Hi all, I’m after some advice please. My 2014 Vauxhall Mokka failed it’s MOT today as they say it has an excessive oil leak.

I’m quite confused by this as the car had an interim service about two months ago, there has been no visible oil spillages on the drive way etc and the oil levels where at full when I last checked the dipstick which was a couple of weeks ago.

What could course a complete MOT failure for an oil leak where no oil has been visibly seen on the deck?

I am being quoted £350 for replacement parts and labour costs, I have a very concerned feeling about this.

Confused.com. Any help would be appreciated

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:12 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > HELP Please Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems