New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Advisories are different  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jan 9th, 2024 09:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
saablover

Mana: 
Just realised I never said thank you for your reply. Sorry, did not intend to be so impolite. I found your answer reassuring and decided to go with it. Next MOT coming up in 2 months - fingers crossed. Thank you again. [img][/img]:D
p.s. love your ‘location’

Last edited on Tue Jan 9th, 2024 09:33 am by saablover

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2023 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
advisories are precisely that-advisory.as a for instance i have advised vehicles on tyres that cover 500mls a year for years on end due to lack of use.i have advised brake pads that were shot 14 days later cos the guy does 1000 mls a week.they may be major,they may be minor and they could also be the guys personal opinion which can be coloured by-for instance-previous work experience/training which could give you advises on tyres/exhaust/batteries if thats what his background is or advises on accident repairs if he started in a bodyshop-you get the idea.if they worry you get an independant assessment.they are HIS opinion no one elses.it could even be the repairs can give rise to differing advises let alone a single guys opinion.what are they?is it even the same man conducting both tests?more info please.

Posted: Thu Mar 16th, 2023 05:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
saablover

Mana: 
Looking for help please. Saab failed MOT with Major Defects work to be done immediately, plus 4 advisories. MOT test centre only does MOTs, doesn’t do repair work so booked Saab into garage for work to be done. Thought I may as well get the retest done by this garage to save time. Picked car up today, work has been completed to rectify Major Defects and MOT issued. 13 days between original failure and new MOT being issued.
BUT the new MOT has 4 advisories, all of which are different from the original advisories. What does this mean? I don’t understand why or how this would happen. Do I get all 8 things fixed between now and next MOT? Or do I ignore the first 4, as being over-ridden by the retest?
I’m very worried about this as I thought even advisories had to meet a standard and now I don’t know whether the original advisories need to be dealt with or not. Any advice or information gratefully received.

Current time is 03:59 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Advisories are different Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems