Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer  
AuthorPost
Hut Dog

Mana: 
Thanks, will update this tread if I here any news

nivek24

Mana: 
hi hut,

no good news to tell you , i am in the same situation as you, snap on told me £110 plus vat. The mot program is removed, machine recalibrated and it will not lock out all for that price. I mentioned about the code for entering into the machine, they said they  new nothing of entering a code.If i do find any thing else i will let you know.

kevin

Hut Dog

Mana: 
Anyone had any luck with the six digit password on the DGA 1800 yet?
Had a quote from Sun of approximately £100

Seems a fair bit to spend when I'm only intending to use it as a hobbist/ home garge tool once or tiwce a year..

Cheers 

The Hut

huggy112

Mana: 
hi Kevin,

no, still locked out, we don't have a snap on dealer who calls in and no-one seems to know how to do it on here so it is sat in the corner gathering dust.

nivek24

Mana: 
huggy, did you manage to get the analyser unlocked ?. mine is locked out now ,i dont use it for mot testing, just for checking after any repairs.

kevin

huggy112

Mana: 
if you can help you can email me at huggy112@yahoo.co.uk, let me know what you can give me and how much and we may be able to sort something

big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
Which one of you is gonna set up the DD??   SNAP-ON....RIPP-OFF..

pipinhispop

Mana: 
hi,

i haven't heard back from anyone with any codes yet either. are there any snap on dealers out there who could help out in some way? i don't expect something for nothing so i am sure we could sort something out ouldn't we?

Hi,

I will certainly update the post if I come up with anything, I am quite keen to get it working.

Cheers

Phil.

huggy112

Mana: 
hi,

i haven't heard back from anyone with any codes yet either. are there any snap on dealers out there who could help out in some way? i don't expect something for nothing so i am sure we could sort something out ouldn't we?

pipinhispop

Mana: 
Hello, I was wondering if anybody had found the access codes as Ive just been given a Sun DGA 1800 but it too has locked due to expired calibration?

Many thanks

Phil.

huggy112

Mana: 
Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far, I have had a reply from sun and they confirmed that it is not reading because of the calibration lock out and  that it is no problem to remove the lockout and it is perfectly legal so long as it is not going to be used for mot tests.

anyone have the access codes to do this?

thanks

brian

kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
our old one was a dga1800 , we had the man do the same to that before we sold it to one of our customers ( he uses it to check emissions after a fail)

David
Banned

Mana: 
Hi Brian

If you have a good engineer who visits you from SUN, keep it quite, tell him (he will understand) you don't use it for mot testing anymore, and he may turn it off for you, its a program in the software were he enters data via the keyboard.

We have a DGA 1800, in fact two of them, the engineer has turned ours off, so we don't use them for mot testing, but do ask him to check calibrations for workshop use, which he doesn't mind.

David:D

huggy112

Mana: 
hi everyone,

i have an old ex-mot station sun dga 1800 gas tester, and it is now out of it's calibration period, and while it runs through all it's diagnostics, when i put a car on for checking it just reads the rpm and temp but gives no gas readings,

I have been told that this is because of the calibration lock-out which can be removed by a calibration engineer,

my question is firstly, does anyone know how to remove the lock out? it is not used for mot's just for checking cars before and after work has been done. and secondly, does anyone know of any calibrators in the northwest and how much they charge,

many thanks in advance everybody

brian

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems