A *good* MOT station  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2007 06:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Rebel
Trade Member

Mana: 
mottyk wrote: Not that good, I test all 4wds on roller tester which unwinds the diff by reversing the opposite wheel to the one under test"

mottyk  

In that case mottyk, it's only a matter of time before you either damage a car or your brake rollers.

(and considering the flippant manner of your post, will probably serve you right)!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2007 09:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
LHD

Mana: 
mottyk wrote: Not that good, I test all 4wds on roller tester which unwinds the diff by reversing the opposite wheel to the one under test, also a test should not be interupted once started without  GOOD reason, step outside the viewing are in my gaff and you will be pounced on. Your vts should read their regs a little closer. They may also be getting a visit from the local ve thanks to your advert ! 

mottyk  
You make a lot of assumptions, maybe you should think first and engage typing fingers later?I didn't step outside the viewing area. It's a cordoned off area in the garage and I asked my questions to the 'assistant' not the tester. The test wasn't interrupted at any time and I prefer someone using a tapley meter to any roller machine.
Quite why the local VE would want to visit I can't imagine but if they did they'd find a very thorough bunch of chaps who work professionally and treat their customers with more respect than someone who uses the terms 'gaff' and 'pounced on'.:)

Last edited on Thu Jan 11th, 2007 09:51 am by LHD

Posted: Thu Jan 11th, 2007 12:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mottyk

Mana: 
Not that good, I test all 4wds on roller tester which unwinds the diff by reversing the opposite wheel to the one under test, also a test should not be interupted once started without  GOOD reason, step outside the viewing are in my gaff and you will be pounced on. Your vts should read their regs a little closer. They may also be getting a visit from the local ve thanks to your advert ! 

mottyk  

Posted: Mon Jan 8th, 2007 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
LHD

Mana: 
I found a good station in Barrow in Furness in case this information might help someone else.

Station is called 'Little Tony's MOT center' and is on the Shore road
01229 431001

They were very thorough and professional, let me watch them work and explained what they were checking when I questioned them. They tested my car with a decelerometer rather than on the brake rollers which would have screwed up it's 4wd system. Top marks.

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2006 12:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
motmac

Mana: 
LHD wrote: As the title suggests I'm looking for a decent and honest MOT testing station in the NW of England. Ideally this would be in the Preston or Barrow In Furness area.

Seems like an odd request? Not really, I've had some bad experiences with testing stations in the past ie one place testing a 4 wheel drive performance car on the brake rollers, handing over the keys and then watching the tester take the car on the road and accelerate away, thrashing the car within an inch of it's life- when he came back and I remonstrated he said 'yeah well, what are you going to do about it'- what I did was consider if an assault charge would be worth it, decided it wasn't and drove away.

So call me paranoid but if anyone can recommend a place in my preferred locations it would be great.

well i cant suggest any in your area but if your ever in derbyshire give us a call.we mot performance cars all the time and don't do repairs.there are some 4x4's you can roller brake test but most should be tested with a decelerometer,and they certainly arnt tested flat out down the road!i'm sick of some garages giving this trade a bad name so pm me if you want our number.

Last edited on Wed Nov 15th, 2006 12:19 pm by motmac

Posted: Wed Nov 15th, 2006 09:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
LHD

Mana: 
As the title suggests I'm looking for a decent and honest MOT testing station in the NW of England. Ideally this would be in the Preston or Barrow In Furness area.

Seems like an odd request? Not really, I've had some bad experiences with testing stations in the past ie one place testing a 4 wheel drive performance car on the brake rollers, handing over the keys and then watching the tester take the car on the road and accelerate away, thrashing the car within an inch of it's life- when he came back and I remonstrated he said 'yeah well, what are you going to do about it'- what I did was consider if an assault charge would be worth it, decided it wasn't and drove away.

So call me paranoid but if anyone can recommend a place in my preferred locations it would be great.

Current time is 03:42 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > A *good* MOT station Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems