New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
OPTL  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Apr 18th, 2009 05:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ljames

Mana: 
I work in a optl .Its made by maha.never had any problems.the brake tester is really good.shows no signs of wear on the rollers and the shaker plates are good to,especially for class 7 vans.We havnt got the shock absorber tester tho,which was extra.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Mar 13th, 2009 01:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
smtester

Mana: 
"Nosebleeds"i get alltitude sickness. Can't remember  TATA sorry Rover sorry British Leyland, not old enough.:D

Posted: Fri Mar 13th, 2009 11:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
Next thing you will be telling me is you get nosebleeds when you climb the stairs at home, did you used to work for British Leyland by any chance ?

Posted: Fri Mar 13th, 2009 10:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
smtester

Mana: 
Ladders!!!!! i'm frightened of heights :shock: Elf and saftey issue, i've not been on the course to use ladders.:D

Posted: Thu Mar 12th, 2009 08:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
Why do you have to send the ramp up and down I just use a pair of stepladders

Posted: Thu Mar 12th, 2009 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
smtester

Mana: 
I have a bradbury OPTL lift H4101ATL which is for shallow depth, i have had it coming up for two years and it has been ok. The finish has deteriated on the bed quite quickly but ramp has never let me down. There seems to be far too much electronic / saftey gadgetry built into these things now just ready to go expensively wrong in the future. Worth the investment though and you soon get a routine that doesn't involve a lot of ramp up and down work.

Posted: Thu Mar 12th, 2009 08:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
OPTL work ok on a pit, not so sure on a ramp (bit of up and down with the ramp) but it still saves on an assistant, tecalamit shakers are ok as they sit flush whith no raised bits.:D

Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2009 10:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
mjk
Trade Member

Mana: 
Thanks, for that ! :)  Just sent vt01 to VOSA to apply to install OPTL pit upgrade - and yes it will have to be Techalemit as they are the only suppliers of single phase brake testers, Which I will need in 18 months time when I move premises. Would be interested to hear views on Techalemit gear though.

Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2009 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ASTONMANN
Trade Member

Mana: 
I am in the process of sourcing an OPTL ramp and installation, does anyone have /used a BRADBURY ramp.

Only have a resonably shallow recess so need a low profile ramp to reduce downtime. Did consider Tecalemit but all reports seen and heard put me right off,(at present using 25yr old Tecal ramp).Just like cars - 'not built like they used to be'.

Posted: Thu Jan 22nd, 2009 09:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
mjk
Trade Member

Mana: 
I'm considering upgrading my test centre to OPTL. Apparently, I just need to fit shaker plates to the pit, replace headlamp beam tester, provide a couple of mirrors and use a brake pedal depressor. Would be grateful for views from anyone who has already gone through this process and whether it speeds the test up or not.
Main concern is how can certain items be tested without an assistant i.e. handbrake cables and linkages, service brake linkage if remote servo fitted, servo security etc.
Cheers, Martin

Current time is 06:36 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > OPTL Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems