board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Autotech MOT Audits

Profile Topics Posts
Posts by big..E.
684 postsShowing posts 1-40 of 684

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Overheating during MOT (18 replies - 11918 views)

kit1958 wrote: " The presenter is responsible for presenting the vehicle in reasonable condition for the test. People do need to take some responsibility for ...   Tue Oct 2nd, 2012 11:52 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Fog Light Colour, (14 replies - 17011 views)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.. Rear Fog lights are tested not front ones...Obviously the Rear ones (Offside is mandatory) must be RED in colour..Front Fog's ...   Thu Dec 15th, 2011 08:27 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Advisory Items (31 replies - 26369 views)

As a tester I am told by VOSA to Pass & Advise on any items which I feel are close to the end of it's ...   Mon Dec 12th, 2011 06:03 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Advisory Items (31 replies - 26369 views)

So just to re-cap Mr Voxmagna....You get half price MOT test's which Pass everytime .But the Tester "Advises" on certain points and YOU want to ...   Fri Dec 9th, 2011 11:39 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Exhaust (5 replies - 4088 views)

None..To be honest.If mounted correctly and the Lambda/Oxygen sensor is still functional(if fitted in the manifold)...As long as it's not a Catalytic replacement manifold I ...   Wed Nov 16th, 2011 12:19 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > slight cloudy spot on windscreen (3 replies - 3719 views)

I think you may have answered your own Question tbh..If you can only see it at night ETC...It will only Fail the MOT if it ...   Tue Oct 25th, 2011 06:40 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > plain paper certificates (25 replies - 20715 views)

I had a DBA today...Mr VOSA man asked Me if I had recieved the Poster to put up on the wall for the "presenter" to ...   Tue Sep 6th, 2011 11:31 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Car failed on emissions but test station refused to give me report (17 replies - 14144 views)

If you can't put the probe in the Exhaust to Carry out an Emission's test then you have to Abort the test.....  :shock: ...Abort = No ...   Fri Mar 11th, 2011 09:28 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > CV Boot (9 replies - 7472 views)

We use Good old Jubilee's all day long.... :) ....But NOT on the Renault Sport models...;)..... ...   Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 11:21 pm

List of UK MOT Testing Stations - Find your nearest Testing Station here | MOT Forum > Find an MOT Testing Station (10 replies - 39681 views)

Good link.Works for Me... ;)  .. ...   Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 11:11 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > New Trader entering this forum (5 replies - 4701 views)

Welcome to the site......Popular name David:) ...Too right it is....;) ...   Mon Feb 7th, 2011 11:21 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Failure - Was this harsh? (10 replies - 7965 views)

it failed on leak on front of exhaust, told they couldn´t test for emissions, but she would, in all probability need a new catalytic converter ...   Wed Nov 24th, 2010 10:19 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Emissions Suzuki Swift (5 replies - 4891 views)

You Should have had an Emissions print out weither it Passed or Failed...If they did'nt Test your emissions due to smoke then the Test should ...   Thu Sep 23rd, 2010 08:34 pm

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Balls up... (6 replies - 5890 views)

Can you not ADD 10mm to the upper/Bay floor?...Raise the Test bed height?...Dont really know tho TBH...Just a Guess..:? ...   Wed Sep 15th, 2010 10:49 pm

Road Safety Shockers - Dangerous Defects! | MOT Forum > Ford KA (42 replies - 43315 views)

Stealth wrote: Ford Ka Here's one I examined a little while back - with a fresh MOT Certificate !!!:shock: The brakes were pretty good though !!!:D Pity ...   Wed Sep 15th, 2010 10:42 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > external door release handle (11 replies - 6630 views)

I sometimes wonder if the people who ask the Q's actually come Back for the A's????.....If so a little Thanks would be nice...:).........Or does the Passage ...   Wed Aug 25th, 2010 10:37 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > free checks (4 replies - 3557 views)

Isn't the Whole point of an MOT a mandatory "Health Check" for Vehicles anyway???....;).....I dont have to do a HC?......Thats what Advisories are for!!....:D ...   Thu Aug 19th, 2010 11:49 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Why is it gone quiet here? (17 replies - 10934 views)

garage express wrote: Just seemed to notice that the forum has gone quiet recently. Guessing either everyone is busy or have gone to sun themselves ...   Mon Aug 9th, 2010 10:54 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > brake light failure (3 replies - 3560 views)

So enlighten ;) us?....What fault/s have you found...I personally have not tested one(or seen one :? )......  ..E. ...   Wed Aug 4th, 2010 11:59 pm

Legal / Enforcement Issues | MOT Forum > MOTing a car with suspect identity (9 replies - 9415 views)

Wesley wrote: my original broom was first purchased in 1970. since then, it has had Eight new Handles and Sixteen new Heads.;):D This is Also Not ...   Fri Jul 23rd, 2010 11:49 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Worn front brake disks, fail? (13 replies - 10347 views)

kev1975 wrote: dealers are on bonus & get more for certain things , i.e. we need to sell more brakes for our bonus :shock: hence why ...   Tue Jul 6th, 2010 09:45 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Worn front brake disks, fail? (13 replies - 10347 views)

another TRUE story............Mate of mine worked for a Clutch Ctr..Told to wait before refitting the G-Box....Then told to SPRAY it..?......YEAH u guessed it...Customer charged for ...   Fri Jul 2nd, 2010 10:47 pm

Legal / Enforcement Issues | MOT Forum > Brake Testing (20 replies - 19846 views)

Can I just ask a question or two on this subject.....Presented Vehicle has No Tax/Insurance etc...We have NO trade plates...are we still Legally allowed on ...   Sun Jun 27th, 2010 10:34 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > brake disc (22 replies - 22145 views)

supertom wrote: ok then mot a car will pitted discs pass ok then when service comes up discs need replacing..i think the mot teaster will ...   Mon Jun 14th, 2010 12:04 am

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > brake disc (22 replies - 22145 views)

OMG!! These new Brake Disc regs are VERY WRONG!!!!..I work for a Vehicle Manufacturer in their largest used Car Supermarket in the UK...IE we get ...   Tue Jun 8th, 2010 10:59 pm

Road Safety Shockers - Dangerous Defects! | MOT Forum > You gotta love the boy racers (2 replies - 5946 views)

Never tested a Figaro?..Never worked on one at all TBH...:shock:.....What do they share with a Micra ?...:).As I am told thats what they're based on...:?..   E......BTW ...   Fri May 28th, 2010 08:51 pm

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Two day refresher completed! (5 replies - 4760 views)

Wesley wrote: A "Time to Study"?:? Hi Guys, I sometimes Choose to have what I call, "Play Time".;) This Is a period of time after hours that I choose ...   Tue May 25th, 2010 09:41 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Refresher Course Birmingham??? (4 replies - 5322 views)

Hi jonb....(I wonder if you are who I am thinking??)....Did my refresher in B/ham a few yrs back it was on Elmdon trading estate just ...   Sun May 23rd, 2010 06:41 pm

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Ive left my work and they threaten to cancel my refresher??? (8 replies - 7489 views)

karlosthejackel wrote: Quick call today to VOSA training dept. Nobody can amend or cancel you're training course only the smart card holder. You are nominated ...   Thu May 20th, 2010 12:46 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > QC checks (24 replies - 21186 views)

How can a Tester "refuse" to Test a car thats been booked in?....(apart from the OBVIOUS refusals to Test)........I did'nt think we could pick and ...   Sat May 8th, 2010 09:31 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Steel Wheel Spare and Alloy Wheels (10 replies - 7133 views)

bimmer wrote: " praise be "  to the bible and all who follow it's teachings, chapter and verse. VOSA 2010  A D :)  ( no ...   Sat May 8th, 2010 09:26 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Steel Wheel Spare and Alloy Wheels (10 replies - 7133 views)

I have tried by hinting here...But alas to no avail..........AS Long as the TYRE size is correct there is NO reason for rejection on the ...   Fri May 7th, 2010 09:16 pm

bimmer wrote: hi all,  could'nt resist.   http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/wheeloffset.html happy days. :)    google is man's best friend. LMAO......Very Good ;).........I was referring to being Measured in a Test/Retest scenario....Ie ...   Wed May 5th, 2010 05:51 pm

baldstumpy wrote: Is the rim offset the same? and how EXACTLY is that Measurable?... ...   Tue May 4th, 2010 10:22 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > your comments please (3 replies - 3594 views)

I agree with Nicknac........"TEST AS PRESENTED".......Pass/Fail accordingly..  .E.. ...   Sat Apr 24th, 2010 01:44 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Can you take your vehicle to a 2nd MOT if 1st fails (5 replies - 5362 views)

The new Testing station will not know what your vehicle has failed on or that it even has been tested and will carry out a ...   Tue Apr 20th, 2010 06:01 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Emissions fail after pass (10 replies - 6263 views)

So it PASSED the emissions test and Failed on exessive Smoke?....:?.......... ...   Thu Apr 8th, 2010 12:48 am

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > MOT in audi (10 replies - 7207 views)

Stealth wrote: tig202 wrote: I'm currently working at an Audi garage and I know of the situation with MOT's and headlight alignment. The Audi S3 ...   Thu Apr 8th, 2010 12:31 am

Current time is 01:59 am
   1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems