board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Website

Autotech Training Services

Profile Topics Posts
Posts by philgor
32 postsShowing posts 1-32 of 32

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Wing mirror indicator light (4 replies - 14637 views)

i know it's a bit late to reply, a coul of month's ago i had a crv on about 57 plate fail, it wasn't that dear ...   Sun Dec 23rd, 2012 11:14 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Mondeo MK3 1.8 Petrol Emissions Failure (10 replies - 18158 views)

done a few of these, emmision's are a problem, tend to find that either the cat is dead, or getting there. or the inlet manifold ...   Fri Sep 21st, 2012 11:52 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Electronic parking brakes (4 replies - 5547 views)

EBP, i bloody hate them, 99% of the time, the VSI will tell you how to enable the parking brake to come on progressively. land ...   Tue Sep 11th, 2012 08:55 pm

Road Safety Shockers - Dangerous Defects! | MOT Forum > police pink tickets (7 replies - 10626 views)

had s good one the other day, this said car came in after being given s pink slip, and i kid you not the defect ...   Mon Sep 3rd, 2012 10:37 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > updating your details (1 reply - 3222 views)

iirc, it's report's and other function's -> people and role's -> update user details' had to do mine the other week due to change of address. ...   Sat Sep 1st, 2012 05:27 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Brake caliper bolt missing after MOT (21 replies - 17774 views)

it was a snapon digital torque wrench, not a mechanical wind it up jobbie that many of tech's don't wind down when done with, and the ...   Sat Sep 1st, 2012 05:25 pm

Road Safety Shockers - Dangerous Defects! | MOT Forum > focus (4 replies - 7792 views)

well he could of at least trimmed the cable tie's.......:D i take it, it went out with a nut holding the track rod end on, not ...   Fri Aug 31st, 2012 10:05 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Brake caliper bolt missing after MOT (21 replies - 17774 views)

about a year ago, i had a 96' civic on disk's all round, a very common fault is the caliper's handbrake failing. when one needed replacing, i ...   Fri Aug 31st, 2012 10:01 pm

Testers for Hire | MOT Forum > freelance class 4 and 7 mot tester lincolnshire (1 reply - 3216 views)

now can cover most of lincolnshire and both side's of the humber as well. update on this one, i have moved in to the grimsby area, ...   Sat Aug 18th, 2012 01:09 pm

Testers for Hire | MOT Forum > freelance class 4 and 7 mot tester lincolnshire (1 reply - 3216 views)

freelance class 4 and 7 mot tester availible for hire. anywhere in lincolnshire, any length of time, 1 day up to well anything. been testing since march ...   Sat Jun 16th, 2012 02:44 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > After announcing no MOTs for old cars (10 replies - 9285 views)

so if all this come's to plan, what happen's about barn find's, dig them out, fire them up, take it for mot, oh bugger, i ...   Tue May 22nd, 2012 11:25 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > 2001 mercedes sprinter ambulance (7 replies - 10473 views)

as i've said the vehicle is located 120mile's away, and i've only been asked about it today.... just spoken to him again, from what he's said, i pretty ...   Sun May 20th, 2012 06:25 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > 2001 mercedes sprinter ambulance (7 replies - 10473 views)

hi all, long story short, got a friend over in stoke on trent (i'm in lincolnshire), he's got a 2001 sprinter ambulance (EX NHS) that had been converted ...   Sun May 20th, 2012 02:54 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Number of seats (Excluding Driver) (14 replies - 10905 views)

not been on here for a while. i've only been testing about 2 month's now, had a few intesting moment's with a few vehicle. i ...   Sun Mar 25th, 2012 11:11 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Number of seats (Excluding Driver) (14 replies - 10905 views)

not been on here for a while. i've only been testing about 2 month's now, had a few intesting moment's with a few vehicle. i ...   Sun Mar 25th, 2012 11:11 pm

Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > New member going fo NTTA exam (6 replies - 11261 views)

did mine back on the 1st of december,  read the hillier's book cover to cover and back again, do as many mock question's as you ...   Thu Jan 12th, 2012 10:39 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Time required for MOT (1 reply - 2945 views)

should'nt think it take much longer, we open the rear dooor's already to check that the seat belt's, when the brake pipes get checked they are often ...   Fri Jan 6th, 2012 10:03 pm

Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > result's back from ntta test (10 replies - 9065 views)

bloody hell vosa don't hang about. i've already had 2 smart card application's turn up, and i've got a date through for my 3 day ...   Fri Dec 9th, 2011 07:28 pm

Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > result's back from ntta test (10 replies - 9065 views)

phoned up vosa, they double checked my exam paper, recounted etc. phoned back to say that i have PASSED the ntta exam. got an apology ...   Tue Dec 6th, 2011 06:08 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > just applyed to be a nominated tester (27 replies - 24456 views)

no my mum hasn't got a toyboy, my stepdad's dad phoned up to over christmas. phoned up vosa, they double checked my exam paper, recounted etc. ...   Tue Dec 6th, 2011 06:06 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > just applyed to be a nominated tester (27 replies - 24456 views)

will do, i'm looking forward to this phone call as well, i take it you got 50 out of 60 aswell   the pass mark is 75% ...   Mon Dec 5th, 2011 09:27 pm

copied streight from the letter word of word  the requirement to pass the exam is 75% minimum mark, with at least 60% being achieved in every ...   Mon Dec 5th, 2011 09:01 pm

just opened my results of my ntta test, i phoned up on thursday afternoon when i got back from peterbrough, told i had failed (70%), ...   Mon Dec 5th, 2011 08:34 pm

just opened my results of my ntta test, i phoned up on thursday afternoon when i got back from peterbrough, told i had failed (70%), ...   Mon Dec 5th, 2011 08:33 pm

i don't know, i should get the letter on monday saying where i went wrong though. ...   Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 08:39 pm

@ kit, i'll pass that on cheers for that, does it count if i'm reading "hilliers fundamentals of the motor car" at work count? @ wesley, ...   Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 07:48 pm

we're a small garage (3 mechanics), and took the job on only because the recovery driver dropped the car off just stating "it's a non ...   Thu Dec 1st, 2011 08:42 pm

Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > Single phase brake testers (6 replies - 9695 views)

trade master, don't we love 'em the garage i work at has a trade master kit installed and yes maha repair/service the equipment brake rollers; constant problems ...   Sun Nov 20th, 2011 09:51 pm

tell me about it, but having said, i spent my apprentship, working on old vw type2 campervans, was rebuilding engines, stripping and cleaning carbs, and ...   Sun Nov 20th, 2011 12:20 pm

got a letter back from vosa the other day, couple off things, THERE IS NO "E" in gormanly :(, the NTT(a) is booked for the ...   Sat Nov 19th, 2011 11:42 pm

thanks for all of your replys, and i'll look for that book on amazon, and castrolrob, that doesn't suprise me tbh, from what seen from ...   Wed Nov 2nd, 2011 10:36 pm

hi all, i've been lurking around the fourm at the moment, (untill now....) my boss/AE, has just sent the all importaint VT78 form off for me ...   Sun Oct 30th, 2011 09:11 pm

Current time is 11:53 pm

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems