board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Profile Topics Posts
Posts by castrolrob
1466 postsShowing posts 81-120 of 1466

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Failure (3 replies - 1192 views)

keep in mind that yours will not be the only motor they send out reminders for mot/service etc,most cars only go to dealers for the ...   Wed Feb 12th, 2020 11:53 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Failure (3 replies - 1192 views)

its pretty common,particularly at a dealer where the guys can be testing multiple motors of the same make/model and what normally happens is the dumb ...   Wed Feb 12th, 2020 06:18 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > American style lights pass or fail? (10 replies - 16340 views)

to be fair I would have expected there to be some progress 14yrs later:D ...   Thu Feb 6th, 2020 06:10 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Speedo Question (6 replies - 1508 views)

the guys original query was whether his speedo would fail on not operating.could we stay with that? ...   Mon Feb 3rd, 2020 05:26 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Speedo Question (6 replies - 1508 views)

Paul S wrote: You must check the speedometer of vehicles first used on or after 1 October 1937 with a maximum speed above 25mph. Speedometers do ...   Mon Feb 3rd, 2020 02:19 am

we don't actually check if the speedo is working or not so unless obviously defective it should pass(at least on most vehicles)with others a roadtest ...   Sat Feb 1st, 2020 09:37 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Ford S-Max (2015-) centre console passenger airbag warning (5 replies - 1409 views)

dealer specific knowledge could reduce this sort of error but don't depend on it,much of their stuff is sales driven and if youre unlucky your ...   Wed Jan 29th, 2020 06:52 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Ford S-Max (2015-) centre console passenger airbag warning (5 replies - 1409 views)

so you haven't seen people fail em?i have-repeatedly along with pre 12 tpms/pre 09 lamp washers etc etc,all I was illustrating is that on at ...   Wed Jan 29th, 2020 02:31 am

the short answer is no it shouldn't fail.the long answer is many cars have this sorta system fitted primarily cos babyseats fitted to the n/s/f ...   Tue Jan 28th, 2020 11:29 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Petol Engine into a Diesel Van (40 replies - 11915 views)

doesn't matter for a cat test,cut off date for mot is post/pre 52 plate(sept 02).default limits for cars from then on are pretty much all ...   Mon Dec 30th, 2019 03:32 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Petol Engine into a Diesel Van (40 replies - 11915 views)

how many guys on here are gonna post the same thing?this is getting real old real quick:shock: ...   Thu Dec 19th, 2019 12:02 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > New technology (10 replies - 2263 views)

I would say that most if not all of the main discoveries have been made and future development of those ideas is what weve got-precisely ...   Thu Nov 7th, 2019 03:12 am

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > New technology (10 replies - 2263 views)

whether its mining the asteroids for resources or space tourism current rocket technology is too expensive for it be any more than headline gimmicks which ...   Thu Nov 7th, 2019 02:15 am

bio engineering/genome changing treatments are probably our species best long term hope given the likely long term effects of breeding non survival types back into ...   Wed Nov 6th, 2019 07:52 am

anti ageing/eternal youth/geriatric treatments.as a basic version the current drive to exercise/no smoke/booze/eat healthy etc has increased average lifespan-a pretty basic low tech approach-but effective ...   Tue Nov 5th, 2019 02:59 am

effective anti agapic treatments and practical nuclear fusion are about the only biggies left indeed I don't see hybrids/hydrogen being viable without fusion generation or ...   Mon Nov 4th, 2019 07:10 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Preserve your anniversary (9 replies - 2346 views)

I meant the first one they issued expires 8/11 2020-it shares the expiry date is my point. ...   Wed Oct 16th, 2019 11:29 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Preserve your anniversary (9 replies - 2346 views)

so does the first one they issued:P ...   Wed Oct 16th, 2019 11:11 am

they've tested the same vehicle twice for some reason(probably forget to type in any advises and once entered your only option on our system is ...   Wed Oct 16th, 2019 07:43 am

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Why not just fix the fault.... (6 replies - 3764 views)

I just type"under body corrosion,unable to assess some areas due to covers"you know,the most used advise we had on the pre allocated list that was ...   Wed Oct 16th, 2019 02:23 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Mot tester banned (9 replies - 2712 views)

if the motor concerned wouldn't physically fit on the equipment then hes gotta be getting done,the only possible variable I can see is the level ...   Tue Oct 15th, 2019 02:18 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Not horn fail (3 replies - 1308 views)

Stealth wrote: Hi jamie, welcome to the forum. Retro fitting is fine. The horn can be wired through the existing switch, or if necessary a new ...   Sat Oct 12th, 2019 09:23 am

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Why not just fix the fault.... (6 replies - 3764 views)

yeah light not working-advise!shame they don't have an advise button-owner is a knobjockey-cos I would still be pressing it in a years time-nonstop!test as presented ...   Sat Oct 12th, 2019 02:15 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Mot tester banned (9 replies - 2712 views)

F1gp wrote: He done it at work but never had it in and it doesnt fit in eitherso he wrote a ticket out for a mates ...   Thu Oct 10th, 2019 02:23 am

depends on what off site means,did he put in a wrong reg/vin off a jobcard so its been issued to the wrong car?or was he ...   Wed Oct 9th, 2019 04:33 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Please advice - fail mot (2 replies - 1379 views)

I would also be wary of the engine,its not the best unit and your emission fails are typical of one with little or no oil,at ...   Tue Oct 1st, 2019 02:17 am

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > New MOT Manual. (140 replies - 71779 views)

yeah,the ability to spell.for rqmnts for testers ability has increased read rqmnts for testers to spend money on exams that don't require technical expertise to ...   Thu Sep 19th, 2019 02:23 am

Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > SUN DGA 1800-98 Fault 31 (3 replies - 1916 views)

just curious but I last remember using one of those 90s/early noughties.is it an old one outta calibration or summat? ...   Wed Aug 28th, 2019 10:19 am

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Kit Car emissions (11 replies - 3133 views)

as the man says with no emissions info on the logbook you use the sva ticket and he aint got one,think it then defaults to ...   Sat Aug 10th, 2019 02:22 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Brake Wear Warning (8 replies - 3712 views)

oh not again ffs ...   Sat Aug 10th, 2019 02:12 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Airbag light and ABS Light (1 reply - 1330 views)

airbag missing=fail.abs light = fail.airbag light not operating=advise.if the entire abs system has been removed then different rules can apply.all the above is also applicable ...   Tue Aug 6th, 2019 07:19 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Glow plug warning light on dash (9 replies - 4778 views)

just to muddy the waters a little some older diesels use it as/instead of a management light but the ministry haven't differentiated that and we ...   Tue Jul 16th, 2019 05:27 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > DVSA Enforcement visits up 35% (1 reply - 2186 views)

and I seem to recall them(despite being asked)insisting that the points based system didn't mean that ves had to hit targets based on it.good to ...   Tue Jul 16th, 2019 02:58 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Complaint from a customer (4 replies - 1870 views)

the problem with cases like this is the guys complaint is with the vendor who in most cases has sold as seen etc and if ...   Sun Jul 7th, 2019 05:53 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Complaint from a customer (4 replies - 1870 views)

ditto,trading standards will only be interested in whether you did an adequate test(assuming it weren't you or yours that were selling it)and ministry standards end ...   Sat Jul 6th, 2019 07:06 am

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > New MOT Manual. (140 replies - 71779 views)

yeah,had it come up for the first time yesterday.stop me if im wrong but didn't even comp 1 only supply the failures relevant by age?over ...   Thu Jun 27th, 2019 07:18 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Corrosion (1 reply - 1483 views)

its measured as an imaginary ball from the component/area concerned,anything within that area on a monocoque(generally)would fail if it met the criteria so as a ...   Tue Jun 11th, 2019 06:54 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Warning Light (Not Engine Light) (4 replies - 1937 views)

im assuming the self levelling still works?theres also a pre 09 cut off+visibility restrictions on a lot of this,read the relevant sections of the mot ...   Thu May 30th, 2019 03:56 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Warning Light (Not Engine Light) (4 replies - 1937 views)

we only examine the headlight self level/height adjustment/washer functions on an mot dependant on age/application/fitment,as long as they work I cant see a valid fail ...   Thu May 30th, 2019 02:18 am

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Vehicle for auction. Need Help! (4 replies - 2393 views)

and if it all goes pete tong but nuffin you've retested is involved while you might be ok your boss is in the frame along ...   Tue May 21st, 2019 11:37 am

Current time is 12:02 am
 First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems