board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Profile Topics Posts
Posts by Stealth
1548 postsShowing posts 1-40 of 1548

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Engine warning light (2 replies - 164 views)

Hi & welcome to the forum. We need date of first use & fuel type for a defintive answer as the inspection is based on both. ...   Thu Feb 25th, 2021 08:16 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Remote central locking (6 replies - 784 views)

castrolrob wrote: well at least you aint begging for answers to the assessment!welcome to the asylum A dubious member rob ....sends PM's with no content. ...   Mon Feb 8th, 2021 09:20 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Some White smoke when starting car overnight (2 replies - 675 views)

I guess you will find out for sure at the same time as your central locking, when you take it for test & it has ...   Mon Jan 25th, 2021 09:08 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Appeal - Advice needed. (4 replies - 791 views)

Your call with the appeal as there are other items needing attention which I presume you are not contesting ? The big issue is if ...   Mon Dec 21st, 2020 08:08 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Appeal - Advice needed. (4 replies - 791 views)

Hi & welcome to the forum. It would be difficult to make a definitive comment regards the corrosion & bush without bebefit of actually viewing & ...   Mon Dec 21st, 2020 07:28 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Current Special Notices (1 reply - 293 views)

Hi all. Just stopped by to see how many of the super observant among the members have noted there has been a significant cull of current ...   Tue Dec 1st, 2020 08:16 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > pre-testing my brakes (4 replies - 1535 views)

Hi sweex & welcome yo the forum. Why not call a local MOT site. Lots of sites have automated brake rollers nowadays which can give you a ...   Wed Nov 25th, 2020 11:15 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Seriously concerned about the safety of my car after works and mot pass (3 replies - 789 views)

Hi spider2k9 Unless the garage, and staff, are, or were aware that they were being filmed, and the footage published on social media, there are potential ...   Mon Nov 16th, 2020 06:15 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > MOT Failure: Emissions not tested (3 replies - 956 views)

Late reply perhaps, and apologies but I've been away for a break. If the VTS had done the job in the correct manner they should have ...   Sun Nov 1st, 2020 03:53 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > airbag light (2 replies - 1204 views)

Hi pines & welcome to the forum. You have obviously made a few changes to the car with a view to "track use" Without the benefit ...   Mon Jul 13th, 2020 07:50 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Couple of questions (3 replies - 943 views)

Milligan23 wrote: thanks stealth, brilliant as always! Not sure about the brilliant bit, but I'll help out where I can. :dude::dude::dude: ...   Wed Jul 8th, 2020 01:10 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Couple of questions (3 replies - 943 views)

Hi Milligan23 & welcome to the forum. In answer to your post... 1. The Manual says we must inspect ALL reversing lamps. If there are clearly more ...   Tue Jul 7th, 2020 12:51 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > split boots - pass, pass with advisory, fail (4 replies - 1602 views)

Hi TracieG & welcome to the forum. Wise words from rob, a 13 year old vehicle with no MOT advisories is worth some caution. It would ...   Thu Jun 4th, 2020 04:13 am

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Test Station 81323 (4 replies - 1122 views)

Hi PhilA & welcome to the site. This link will take you to GOV.UK where you can download a spread sheet with a list of all ...   Wed Jun 3rd, 2020 08:10 am

Bike Testing -  Ask bike Testers about bike Testing | MOT Forum > Front Brake Fluid Reservoir (8 replies - 2367 views)

constant wrote: Brakes are second to steering, maybe if in doubt get a new reservoir..ref getting a pass. Thanks constant, but you are a good nine months ...   Sat Apr 11th, 2020 01:42 pm

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > MOT Tester committing fraud (2 replies - 697 views)

Hi Nacc & welcome to the forum. Well done with your investigations & sacking the tester. The one thing you MUST do is inform DVSA, this is ...   Thu Apr 2nd, 2020 04:07 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Advisory (7 replies - 2770 views)

castrolrob wrote: given the guys last post was more than a fortnite back im assuming its either done or ignored:D And DVSA (VOSA) certainly dont offer a ...   Thu Mar 26th, 2020 06:26 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Drivers side wing mirror knob (2 replies - 923 views)

Hi baldbrummies & welcome to the Forum. I see no problem come MOT time. ...   Mon Mar 2nd, 2020 04:29 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Passenger seats required ? (3 replies - 935 views)

A fair point rob, never considered the airbag/SRS - too long off the tools. ...   Wed Feb 26th, 2020 03:38 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Passenger seats required ? (3 replies - 935 views)

Hi sparedinner & welcome to the Forum. If it's a front row of seats (some have a second row behind the driver) then the answer is ...   Tue Feb 25th, 2020 01:23 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Petol Engine into a Diesel Van (40 replies - 10923 views)

castrolrob wrote: its a pain in the a**e,i keep getting notifications,go on here only to find some plum has simply reposted an earlier reply.got better ways ...   Sat Feb 15th, 2020 01:16 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Petol Engine into a Diesel Van (40 replies - 10923 views)

castrolrob wrote: castrolrob wrote: how many guys on here are gonna post the same thing?this is getting real old real quick:shock:still happening:D I think there are gremlins afoot ...   Fri Feb 14th, 2020 10:56 am

castrolrob wrote: castrolrob wrote: how many guys on here are gonna post the same thing?this is getting real old real quick:shock:still happening:D I think there are gremlins afoot ...   Fri Feb 14th, 2020 10:55 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Sheared off bleed nipple, no leaks (2 replies - 768 views)

Hi PeteZ & welcome to the forum. As long as there is no brake fluid leakage the broken bleed nipple will present no problems at MOT. ...   Fri Feb 7th, 2020 05:26 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > American style lights pass or fail? (10 replies - 15947 views)

castrolrob wrote: to be fair I would have expected there to be some progress 14yrs later:D :D:D:D:D:D ...   Thu Feb 6th, 2020 06:23 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Speedo Question (6 replies - 1322 views)

I think it's a valid point to note that under normal circumstances it is now a requirement for a speedo to be illuminated. Whether its observed ...   Mon Feb 3rd, 2020 05:34 am

Thanks to all contributing members > 2020 (2 replies - 6930 views)

Thanks to the staff and all the Forum members for your participation throughout the year. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. ...   Mon Dec 23rd, 2019 03:22 am

Pre-MOT Checks - What does my car typically fail on? | MOT Forum > Citroen C5 2.0 HDI on 54 plate (10 replies - 10147 views)

Welcome to the forum fredeo. Please feel free to introduce yourself & join in with some meaningful contributions. Copying & pasting previous posts without contributing could ...   Sun Dec 22nd, 2019 02:04 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Hi CO (25 replies - 5229 views)

Umpa wrote: Right, thanks chaps, I will have a look at that.  So anything under 300c means the cat is not working ? 300c is ballpark and ...   Sat Dec 7th, 2019 11:07 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Hi CO (25 replies - 5229 views)

Umpa wrote: What do you mean by lighting up ? The cat has to reach a working temperature, often around 300c, before the chemical reaction between exhaust ...   Sat Dec 7th, 2019 06:22 am

There are so many variables with electronics etc it may be worth a plug in diagnostic check. ...   Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 02:40 pm

Bike Testing -  Ask bike Testers about bike Testing | MOT Forum > trike/bike technical brake questions. (2 replies - 1024 views)

Hi & welcome to the forum. Apologies for the delay in replying to your question Yes, it requires a front brake. No, it does not require ...   Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 02:38 pm

General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > MOT tester (5 replies - 1409 views)

Hi Jules & welcome to the Forum. I came across one female tester in the late 1990's but can't confirm the exact date. Unfortunately you may have ...   Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 02:31 pm

Hi Umpa & welcome to the Forum How high was your CO reading ? High readings mean insufficient oxygenation. How long since an air filter change ...   Tue Dec 3rd, 2019 02:22 pm

rostant wrote: All part of the joys of testing Fran. Petrol engines get it easy for the emissions test, they just have to run at around half ...   Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 09:32 am

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Back box weld repair (3 replies - 1607 views)

Hi & welcome to the Forum. The tester would appear to be way off the mark in this case. As long as the repair is "durable" ie ...   Sat Nov 9th, 2019 02:51 am

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Mot tester banned (9 replies - 2405 views)

castrolrob wrote: F1gp wrote: He done it at work but never had it in and it doesnt fit in eitherso he wrote a ticket out for a ...   Mon Oct 14th, 2019 01:58 pm

MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Mot tester banned (9 replies - 2405 views)

Paul S wrote: which are so as to give an opinion, my bad..MOT inspection manual: cars and passenger vehicles BEEN FOOKED RIGHT UP or is it ...   Mon Oct 14th, 2019 01:55 pm

Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Not horn fail (3 replies - 1188 views)

Hi jamie, welcome to the forum. Retro fitting is fine. The horn can be wired through the existing switch, or if necessary a new switch ...   Thu Oct 10th, 2019 03:30 pm

MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > New MOT Manual. (139 replies - 67382 views)

Paul S wrote: Stealth failing an engine management light staying on is not fair on the basis it passes the smoke or emission test what do ...   Tue Sep 10th, 2019 03:07 pm

Current time is 06:15 pm
   1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems